If you are considering an adoption plan for your child, here are some other resources you might find helpful:
- BirthmomBuds: (http://www.birthmombuds.com./) – provides peer counseling, support, encouragement, and friendship to birthmoms as well as pregnant women considering adoption. Also check out http://www.birthmom-buds.blogspot.com/ for a blog by BirthmomBuds and by others.
- Adoption Blogs (http://www.adoptionblogs.com/) – blogs on topics such as unplanned pregnancy, open adoption, and birthparent issues.
- Adoption.com (http://www.adoption.com/) -site covers a wide range of adoption topics. There is information for any member of the adoption triad as well as chat rooms, forums, and information about laws.
- Adoption Poetry, a section of Adoption.com (http://poetry.adoption.com/) – hundreds of poems and writings here, all adoption-related.
- Birthmothers4Adoption (http://birthmothers4adoption.blogspot.com/)- lots of supportive blogs and resources from other birthmothers who made adoption plans
- Insight! Open Adoption Resources and Support (http://openadoptioninsight.org/) – articles and information for birthparents participating in open adoptions
- Lifemothers (http://lifemothers.tripod.com/copyright.html) – articles and poetry written by contributing birthmoms.
- On Your Feet Foundation (http://www.oyff.org/)- honors the adoption choices of birthparents, fosters birthparent serf-sufficiency and provides support/community after placement.
While being a birthmother and receiving support for your related issues is important, there may be times in which you need resources that are not related to adoption. Below are a few resources that some women may find helpful.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
RAINN (Rape Abuse and Incest National Network)
National Council for Suicide Prevention
Postpartum Support International